Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Article focus is substantively methodological (as opposed to results oriented).
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format (not PDF).
- When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. The URLs are ready to click (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca). DOI's are also provided if available.
- The text is single-spaced; uses an 11-point Times New Roman font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- All submitted articles must be blinded for peer review: a) The authors of the document have deleted their names from the text, with "Author" and year used in the references, instead of the authors' name, article title, etc.
b) With Microsoft Office documents, author identification should also be removed from the properties for the file, by clicking on the following, beginning with File on the main menu of the Microsoft application: File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Privacy Options > check box "Remove personal information from this file on save." Mac users click on Word > Preferences > Security > check box "Remove personal information from this file on save."
c) Please also remove any other text content that might serve as identifiers, including authors' notes acknowledging support.
- ALL authors, and their contact information, have been included on the submission interface.
- All in-text and reference list citations must be formatted according to APA, 6th edition.
The Creative Commons‐Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License 4.0 International applies to all works published by the International Journal of Qualitative Methods. Copyright for articles published in the International Journal of Qualitative Methods remains with the first author.
It is the responsibility of the author, not the IJQM, to obtain permission to use any previously published and/or copyrighted material.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.